Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Week 8 - Beautiful Corn and a Few Tomatoes

Hello CSA Members,
Love the bounty this week. I have really enjoyed the small samples of vegetables as they begin to come in. Now I think we have a nice supply of corn and a good beginning for tomatoes. YUM! I was a bit relieved to not have cauliflower this week. For the couple of people that left me your cauliflower, 4 year old Jack down the street LOVES Cauliflower so I passed those on to Jack!!! I hope that all of you are enjoying your vegetables. It feels a bit like Christmas as I peek into the box each week.

Blueberries are still available however, I am sorry to say, the price has increased to $5.00 per pint. They are organic berries grown at Pleasant Hill Farms in Allentown, PA. Place any orders for blueberries by 9PM Saturday evening. I have asked for pricing in bulk as I had hoped better pricing could be established.

Thanks to all for sharing recipes. Check out www.chocolateandzucchini.com and www.101cookbooks.com. At both websites, you may search by ingredient. They have recipes here for Chocolate and Zucchini Cake and Zucchini Bread.

Enjoy your week. Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment